From the Jetpack Agency Licensing Portal, agencies and organizations with many sites can sign up and immediately start issuing Jetpack licenses for their sites.
Requirements for the Portal
- A dedicated WordPress.com account that you will use to connect all of your client sites to Jetpack and manage them in the portal. Don’t have one yet? Sign up for one here.
- The dedicated WordPress.com account should be the primary Jetpack connection for all the sites you want to manage via the portal.
- All sites to be managed via the portal should be hosted by a host that meets the WordPress Host Requirements.
- All sites to be managed via the portal should be using the latest version of WordPress. If your version of WordPress is out of date, you’ll see a prompt to automatically upgrade with a single click, or can upgrade manually.
- All sites to be managed via the portal should be publicly accessible WordPress sites. No password protection, coming soon, or maintenance mode plugins can be used, or Jetpack may not be able to connect to the sites.
- All sites to be managed via the portal should have publicly accessible XML-RPC files.
Sign Up for the Portal
You’re just a few steps away from being able to manage your sites via the Jetpack Agency Licensing portal. To get started:
- While logged into your WordPress.com account, go to https://cloud.jetpack.com/agency/signup.
- When prompted, click Approve to authorize the connection between Jetpack.com and your WordPress.com account.
- On the next screen, you’ll be prompted to fill out the information about your business. Once completed, click Continue.
- Once you’ve completed the form, you’ll be taken to the Jetpack Agency Licensing Portal.
Navigating the Portal
At the top navigation, you have the Dashboard, Manage Sites, and Jetpack Agency Licensing menu.
Dashboard: This shows a list of all the sites you have connected to your account.
Manage Sites: You can manage the sites connected to your account.
Licensing: This is your Jetpack Agency Licensing Portal.
On the navigation, you have access to:
- Billing: A summary of licenses issued, costs for each site, and information in general.
- Licenses: You can issue your new licenses here.
- Payment methods: You can set up a new card or remove added cards previously.
- Invoices: All the invoices are listed on this page.
- Company details: You can edit your company details for the invoices on this page.
Issuing a new license
At Licensing tab, click on the Licenses menu:
Then, select the plan you want to get a new subscription:
A new payment method will be required on the next page, if you didn’t already add one to your Agency profile at the Payment methods tab:
Once you click “Issue License” you will be given a new license you can assign to a Jetpack-connected site. You can select the license directly or assign the license later:
Loading the Licenses tab again will show the information about the license issued, and the site connected to it:
Assigning a License Manually
Go back to the Jetpack Agency Licensing Portal -> Licenses and find your unassigned license.
Click “Copy License” or open the license and click the “clipboard icon” next to the license.
Go back to your Jetpack site and go to Jetpack -> My Plan -> Activate a Product and paste the key into the license field:
Once you click on “Apply License”, your site will have the new license assigned and your Jetpack features will start working.
Check on your license
Once you’ve assigned the new license, you can return to the portal and click “Assigned Licenses”. Your recently unassigned license will be reclassified as “Assigned” and the site URL will appear next to the license.
You’ll also see the license in the “My Plan” section of the Jetpack dashboard:
Revoking the license
If your site no longer needs the license or there was a mistake, you can always revoke the license.
Click on the license you want to revoke and press the “Revoke License” button.
You’ll be asked if you’re sure, if you are, press “Revoke License” and the license will be removed from the site, and you’ll no longer be billed for the license going forward.
Unassign the license
If you want to remove a license from a site, but want to use this license on another site, you can unassign the license.
Click on the license you want to unassign and press the “Unassign License” button.
You’ll be asked if you’re sure, if you are, press “Unassign License” and the license will be removed from the site, and you’ll be able to reuse the license on another site.