- Connect your site to your LinkedIn account
- Reconnecting LinkedIn
- Troubleshooting Jetpack Social LinkedIn Connections
Connect your site to your LinkedIn account
Note: we don’t currently support Company Pages on LinkedIn, but we’re looking into supporting them in the future.
- To get started, log in to LinkedIn.
- Navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard.
- Click ‘Connect your social media accounts’.
- This will take you to the connections page in your WordPress.com dashboard.
- Click the connect button next to the LinkedIn logo.
You’ll be taken to LinkedIn where you’ll be asked to approve the connection between your site and your LinkedIn account. Click Allow.
Back in your WordPress.com dashboard you will see a prompt asking you to confirm the account you want to connect. Click connect here and you should then see a notification saying that ‘The LinkedIn account was successfully connected’.
You can also make the connection available to all users of the site. This means that when another user creates a post it will also be auto-shared to this LinkedIn page. To do this, navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard and click on ‘Connect your social media accounts’ in order to reach the connections page in your WordPress.com dashboard. Click on the arrow next to your LinkedIn connection, and then check the box saying ‘Connection available to all administrators, editors, and authors’.
If your LinkedIn connection gets disconnected for some reason, don’t worry, just follow these steps and you’ll be back on track again in no time.
- Log into your site. Navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard and click ‘Connect your social media accounts’. This takes you to the connections page in your WordPress.com dashboard, and from here you can click the ‘Disconnect’ next to the link to the LinkedIn profile you wish to disconnect.
- Confirm the LinkedIn link now says Share posts to your connections and you see a notification saying ‘The LinkedIn account was successfully disconnected’.
- Clear your browser’s cookies (this clears some cookies that LinkedIn sets which are likely part of the problem).
- Log back into your site. Navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard and follow these steps to reconnect.
Troubleshooting Jetpack Social LinkedIn Connections
As a first step, check that your Jetpack connection is working properly – Jetpack Social will not work correctly otherwise. If you continue to have trouble with Jetpack Social, take a look at our Troubleshooting page, or feel free to contact us.