Thanks to Jetpack Social‘s auto-sharing feature, you can automatically publish each one of your blog posts to your Tumblr blog.
- Connect your site to your Tumblr account
- Reconnecting Tumblr
- Troubleshooting Jetpack Social Tumblr Connections
Connect your site to your Tumblr account
- To get started, log in to Tumblr.
- Navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard.
- Click ‘Connect your social media accounts’.
- This will take you to the connections page in your WordPress.com dashboard.
- Click the connect button next to the Tumblr logo.
You’ll be taken to Tumblr where you’ll be asked to approve the connection between your site and your Tumblr account. Click Allow.
If you have more than one Tumblr blog you will then be prompted to choose one.
You can also make the connection available to all users of the site so that when another user creates a post it will also auto-share to this Tumblr connection. To do this, click on the arrow next to your Tumblr connection, and then check the box saying ‘Connection available to all administrators, editors, and authors’.
Sometimes, the connection between Tumblr and Jetpack might get disconnected or need a reset. Follow these instructions to fix that:
- Log in to your site. Navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard and click ‘Connect your social media accounts’. This takes you to the connections page in your WordPress.com dashboard, and from here you can click the ‘Disconnect’ next to the link to the Tumblr page you wish to disconnect.
- Confirm the Tumblr link now says Share posts to your Tumblr blog and you see a notification saying ‘The Tumblr account was successfully disconnected’.
- Log in to your Tumblr account. Inside that account, click App Settings link to go to Accounts → Apps.
- Remove the WordPress app by clicking the X in its row. (If there is no WordPress row, don’t worry, just skip this step). If you see a popup asking for confirmation, click “Remove” button.
- Log back into your site. Navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard and follow these steps to reconnect.
Troubleshooting Jetpack Social Tumblr Connections
As a first step, check that your Jetpack connection is working properly – Jetpack Social will not work correctly otherwise. If you continue to have trouble with Jetpack Social, take a look at our Troubleshooting page, or feel free to contact us.