Thanks to Jetpack Social‘s auto-sharing feature, you can automatically publish each one of your blog posts on your Nextdoor profile.
Connecting Jetpack Social to your Nextdoor account
To automatically share your posts to Nextdoor, you first need to connect to your account. You can do that by following the steps:
- Navigate to your Marketing and Integrations settings in the WordPress.com Dashboard.
- Select the site you want to connect Jetpack Social to from the list or use the search field to locate it.
- On the left sidebar, navigate to Tools → Marketing and then click the Connections tab.
- Locate the Nextdoor section and click the Connect button.
- A new tab will open where you can log in to your Nextdoor account.
- On the Nextdoor login screen, click the Accept button to continue.
- You’ll be redirected back to your WordPress.com Dashboard. Locate and click the Connect button once more to complete the connection.
To confirm the successful connection, you’ll see a notice at the top of the screen that says, “Your Nextdoor account has been successfully connected.”
Making the Nextdoor connection global
If you’d like to give your site’s other users (administrators, editors, and authors) access to your Nextdoor connection, enabling them to share posts to the same Nextdoor profile, you can do so by following the steps:
- On your WordPress.com Dashboard, after choosing the site, go to Tools → Marketing and select the Connections tab.
- In the ‘Nextdoor’ section, click the right-facing arrow to expand the module.
- Check the option that says Connection available to all site administrators, editors, and authors
By doing so, other users who publish posts on your site will be able to share them to the same Nextdoor profile.
Connecting multiple Nextdoor accounts
With Jetpack Social, you can easily expand your network by connecting multiple Nextdoor accounts. This enables you to conveniently share your posts across more Nextdoor profiles. To add a new account, just click the “Connect one more account” button and follow the instructions.
Troubleshooting Jetpack Social Nextdoor connections
As a first step, check that your Jetpack connection is working properly – Jetpack Social will not work correctly otherwise. If you continue to have trouble with Jetpack Social, take a look at our documentation for troubleshooting Jetpack Social.