- A WordPress.com account (sign up)
- The latest version of WordPress
- Your site must be publicly available (no authentication required, maintenance mode off)
- XML-RPC enabled and publicly accessible
You can start by purchasing a Jetpack plan for a site that doesn’t already have Jetpack installed, we will then install it and set it up for you.
- Go to https://wordpress.com/jetpack/connect/store and select a plan.
- Enter your site URL (e.g. https://yourjetpack.blog) and click Continue.
- Enter your WordPress administrator credentials for your site. Your credentials will not be stored and are used only for the purpose of installing Jetpack securely. Be sure to add the credentials for the WP Admin user account that you would like to connect to Jetpack.
- Wait for Jetpack to be installed.
- Complete the checkout process to purchase your Jetpack plan.
- Wait for the rest of the setup process to complete. The VaultPress and Akismet plugins will be installed automatically at this stage if they aren’t already (paid plans only).
- You’ll see a “Thank you for your purchase” message and then be moved to the Setup Checklist inside your WordPress.com account. You can enable these recommended features now or later. Click Return to WP Admin to go to your site’s Dashboard.
If there are any issues installing VaultPress or Akismet automatically, you can also install them manually.
If there are any issues installing Jetpack automatically or if you’d prefer to install it yourself, you can follow these steps.
- Log in to your site’s WP Admin dashboard: http://yourjetpack.blog/wp-admin
- In the left menu, click Plugins, then Add New.
- The latest version of Jetpack will appear in the top of the default Featured plugins list. You can also search for “Jetpack”.
- Click Install Now.
- Wait for the installation to finish, then click Activate.
- Click Set up Jetpack.
- If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be prompted to log in to your WordPress.com account or to create a new account.
- Click Approve and wait for the connection process to finish.
- Select and purchase your plan or click Start with Free at the bottom of that page. You will be brought to the Setup Checklist for your chosen plan. You can choose to enable these features now or later. Click the Return to WP Admin button to return to your WP Admin dashboard.
- You will be returned to the Jetpack dashboard inside WP Admin on the My Plan tab. From here you can return to the setup checklist or continue configuring your site from within WP Admin.
- If you don’t see a Plugins menu in your dashboard, then your site is likely on WordPress.com and you don’t need Jetpack – its features are already built in.
- If you are using a Multisite installation, Jetpack must be connected individually for each site in the network. Any administrator can connect the site.
- Jetpack relies on a solid connection with your site for features such as Stats and Publicize to work. If you are experiencing issues, first verify that Jetpack is connected using the Jetpack debugger. You will know your site is correctly connected when the Jetpack debugger shows “Everything looks great!”
- Plugin conflicts can be a cause of issues. To check this, temporarily disable all plugins but Jetpack. If the issue disappears, enable one plugin at a time until the issue reappears. This will help you identify which plugin Jetpack is having trouble with. Ensure that your plugins are up to date.
- If you see a display issue, try temporarily switching to a default WordPress theme such as Twenty Seventeen. If the issue goes away, it is likely a problem with the theme. You can get in touch with the theme’s author for further help. Be sure to let them know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried.
- Fixing Jetpack Connection Issues
- Further troubleshooting tips
- Install Jetpack in your language
- Contact support