Jetpack Search plugin is an easy-to-use WordPress search plugin that enhances the default site search functionality provided by the CMS. Thanks to advanced site search tools, your visitors will experience the best search experience you can offer.
For general features, please see our information page.
What do I need to run Jetpack Search plugin on my site?
- A web host that meets the WordPress host requirements.
- The latest version of WordPress. If your version of WordPress is out of date, you’ll see a prompt to automatically upgrade with a single click, or can upgrade manually.
- A WordPress.com account. Don’t have one yet? Sign up for one here, or create one during the Jetpack connection flow. You only need one WordPress.com account to access all our services (including Akismet, Crowdsignal, Gravatar, and WordPress.com itself). If you use any of these services, you already have a WordPress.com account to connect to Jetpack. You can reset your WordPress.com password if you need to.
- A publicly accessible WordPress site: no password protection or Coming Soon / Maintenance Mode plugin in use.
- A publicly accessible XML-RPC file.
Simply install the plugin and connect your site. If you already have a paid subscription that includes Jetpack Search it will work automatically, otherwise, you can purchase a subscription through the plugin.
Installing Jetpack Search plugin
Installing Jetpack Search plugin can be done from your site’s WP Admin. To install Jetpack Search plugin via the WP Admin:
- Go to Plugins → Add New.
- Search for Jetpack Search. The latest version will show in the search results.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
- After activating, you will be prompted to set up Jetpack Search plugin.
- When prompted, click Approve to connect your site to WordPress.com. This is necessary to use Jetpack Search plugin.
- After that, you will be brought back to the Jetpack Search plugin page in your WP-Admin. From there, you will need to click Upgrade now to purchase a Jetpack Search plugin plan. You will be taken to an upgrade page where you can choose Jetpack Search or Jetpack Complete plan.
- Choose your plan and complete the purchase process.
Starting with Jetpack Search plugin
Once you’ve completed your purchase, your Jetpack Search plugin is available to use.
At the end of the activation process, click on Customize Search results button and you will be brought to your site’s Search Customizer. You can customize the widgets related to your search as well.
Jetpack Search and Instant Search are enabled by default after the plan is activated and Jetpack connected.
Jetpack Search includes My Jetpack – a dashboard for managing your Jetpack products and plans all in one place.
You can know more about the My Jetpack dashboard on our Support page.
You can check our Jetpack Search plugin troubleshooting section:
Do you want to customize your Jetpack Search plugin?
You can check our Jetpack Search plugin customize section here:
What languages does Jetpack Search plugin support?
We provide support for all languages and advanced language analysis for 29 languages (Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Basque, Persian, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Armenian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese).
Does the Jetpack Search plugin support eCommerce stores and products?
Yes, eCommerce stores and products work seamlessly with the Jetpack Search plugin, no additional configuration is required.
Is this plugin compatible with WooCommerce?
Yes, the Jetpack Search plugin works seamlessly with WooCommerce product search.
Does the Jetpack Search plugin work on mobile?
Yes, the Jetpack Search plugin is optimized for site visitors from mobile devices.
Will this plugin work with my theme?
This plugin works seamlessly with any WordPress theme.
Does the Jetpack Search plugin allow visitors to filter the search results?
Yes, visitors can filter search results by tags, categories, dates, custom taxonomies, and post types.
Jetpack Search Related Support Articles
This feature is activated by default, and activating/unlocking it requires an upgrade to a Jetpack Search plugin subscription.
If you ever need to deactivate the feature, you can do so by toggling the Enable Search setting in the Search section from Jetpack > Settings > Performance and Grow in your dashboard, or on your Jetpack > Search > Enable Jetpack Search.
|Site Owners / Users
We use the WordPress.com-connected blog ID in order to submit a visitor’s search request to the WordPress.com servers. Additionally, for activity tracking (detailed below): IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
We use any of the visitor-chosen search filters and query data in order to process the search request on the WordPress.com servers. We also use aggregated data about page views and searches to adjust our search results.
|Site Owners / Users
We track when, and by which user, the feature is activated and deactivated. We also track when, and which, configuration settings are modified (and by which user), as well as when, and by which user, the Jetpack Search widget is updated.
We anonymously track when and what visitors search for and click on. This data is used to improve our search algorithms and track how well the search is working. This tracking includes: IP address, URL, user agent, timestamp of event, browser language, country code, search query, and filters.
|Data Synced (Read More)|
|Site Owners / Users
We sync website content and options to provide search results and improve our search results ranking algorithms.