Backups are a critical component of website management, whether you run a blog, online store, or small business site. They keep your valuable content and hard work safe if anything ever goes wrong — a plugin conflict, website hack, coding error, or simple mistake. You can rest easy knowing that you can quickly restore a backup in an emergency.
That protection and ease of use is at the heart of Jetpack’s tools, along with the products and services offered by IONOS. And because they believe so strongly that every WordPress site needs backups, IONOS has decided to include a year of Jetpack Backup at no cost for all of their hosting plans. We’re honored that they trust our team to keep their customers’ websites safe and secure, and look forward to providing peace of mind for years to come.
Who is IONOS?
IONOS is a trusted name in the WordPress community, providing hosting services for more than 25 years. They offer a wide range of tools, including productivity and cloud products, for businesses and web professionals.
IONOS offers an exclusive, WordPress-optimized platform, hosted in ten, geo-redundant data centers in the U.S. and Europe — all of which are completely powered by renewable energy! Customers can choose from managed or unmanaged plans with tons of free features, including:
- Jetpack Backup
- Malware scans
- DDoS protection
- A domain name
- SSL certificates
- Email accounts
- A beginner-friendly WordPress setup assistant
Their commitment to the WordPress community is evidenced by their membership in the Five for the Future program. This initiative encourages organizations to contribute five percent of their resources to WordPress development.
Why IONOS chose Jetpack
IONOS and Jetpack share a focus on bettering website management, security, and processes for WordPress site owners. Jetpack offers WordPress-specific tools that streamline everything from performance and security to design and growth.
“Jetpack is one of the most popular WordPress plugins with our users. We’re particularly excited about this partnership with Jetpack, because it makes the software our users trust even more accessible and affordable.”– Sven Bleibel, Product Management Lead
That accessibility is a critical component of Jetpack’s offerings. All tools are designed for easy, fast setup and management. Everyone — from the person designing their very first site to advanced developers — can use them to better their WordPress experience.
Jetpack has a full suite of security tools designed to protect websites from start to finish. This includes:
- Real-time backups. A copy of your site is saved every time you change a page, add a product, update a plugin, or take any other action. You can restore a backup in just a few clicks, even if your website is completely down.
- Malware scans. Jetpack automatically scans your site for malware and other security vulnerabilities, alerting you as soon as something is found.
- An activity log. Keep track of every action that takes place on your site and learn who performed each one and when it took place.
- Downtime monitoring. Know the second your site goes down, so you can troubleshoot and get it back up as quickly as possible.
- Brute force attack protection. Prevent hackers and bots from accessing your site using dangerous brute force attacks.
- Spam prevention. Automatically get rid of harmful spam comments, reviews, and contact form submissions.
IONOS customers who are enjoying real-time backups can easily add these other features to their Jetpack plan at any time.
How to take advantage of Jetpack Backup as an IONOS customer
As of February 9th, 2022, all new customers will receive a coupon they can use for Jetpack Backup. This gives them access to powerful WordPress backup and restore features at no cost for the first year.
If you’d like to take advantage of this deal, you must:
- Be a new IONOS customer
- Have Jetpack installed and activated (this will be done by default)
- Set up a Jetpack account and click on the coupon in the Assistant to check out
- Add SSH/SFTP credentials to Jetpack to take advantage of one-click restores
Make the most of your new-found freedom
This new partnership between IONOS and Jetpack ultimately provides you freedom to build and grow your website without worrying about losing data. You can experiment with plugins and themes, add new features, and create whatever you’d like, all while knowing that you can restore a backup in just a click if anything goes wrong.
Ready to go? Get started with IONOS and Jetpack Backup.
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.
Get up to 50% off your first year.Compare plans