For more than ten years, Jetpack has been regarded as the ultimate all-in-one toolkit for WordPress sites. With more than five million active installations, it provides a single plugin to make sites faster and safer, while providing more traffic. And it eliminates the need to search for dozens of different plugins, vet their quality, install them, make sure they don’t conflict, and remember to update them.
But we also appreciate that the WordPress community is incredibly diverse and that everyone’s needs are unique. Many developers and site owners asked for the flexibility to use specific components of Jetpack as part of their own, custom-built “tech stack” of plugins. We listened.
“This project came as a direct result of feedback from the community,” says Backup Team Lead William Viana. “We’ve gotten such a positive response about Jetpack Backup. But whenever we ask for suggestions, people always ask if they can install Backup by itself. Now, I’m excited to say you can.”
Introducing Jetpack Backup as its own plugin
Now, you don’t have to install the entire suite of Jetpack tools to access the globally-recognized reliability and performance of Jetpack Backup.
Built and hosted on WordPress.com’s secure infrastructure, Jetpack Backup provides peace of mind — you can rest easy knowing that what you’ve built will always be there and can be easily recovered in an emergency.
What comes with the new Jetpack Backup plugin?
With Jetpack Backup, you can:
- Access a full copy of your site at any time, even if your host’s server is down.
- Rest easy with automated daily or real-time backups that save changes, orders, comments, and other activities as soon as they happen.
- Restore your WooCommerce store to any past state while keeping all orders and customer data current.
- Restore your site on desktop or through the Jetpack mobile app with just a single click.
- Review what went wrong or see what your team is up to with the WordPress activity log. This feature keeps a detailed record of every action taken on your site.
- Enjoy priority support from our world-class Happiness Engineers.
Jetpack Backup keeps multiple copies of your site (both the database and files) on redundant servers to protect against nearly any issue. Since all backups are kept off-site, there’s no extra weight to slow down your load time and your backup isn’t compromised if something happens to your server.
“This is a powerful solution specifically for WordPress and built by the same team of Automatticians that works on Jetpack each day. It’s what we use to back up our own projects and it’s what WordPress.com uses to protect all of their top-tier sites,” says Engineering Lead Steve Seear. “It follows all of the best-practices you’d imagine and has been rigorously tested so that users don’t have to worry about conflicts with popular plugins or hosts.”
Is the original Jetpack plugin changing?
The full Jetpack plugin is still here for the millions of sites who enjoy Jetpack’s great collection of security, performance, and growth features. If you’re looking for a single, simple solution to take care of all your most important needs — this is your best choice.
Jetpack your way
We are continuing to make Jetpack modular so you can build the Jetpack you want. With the launch of Jetpack Backup, you now have the ability to create your own custom solution:
- Protect your investment with the top WordPress backup plugin
- Improve your site speed and SEO with Jetpack Boost
- Streamline operations, provide better customer service, and grow sales with Jetpack CRM — the premier CRM for WordPress
- Or get Jetpack — the best WordPress plugin for all-in-one security, performance, and growth