Sidebar Customization for WordPress Sites
Display a variety of rich sidebar widgets and choose which page types to show them on.
How can I enhance and customize my sidebar?
Most WordPress sites and themes make use of a sidebar to display useful navigation items: usually in a narrow column on the left or right hand side of the main content area.
While WordPress comes with a few useful options (like categories and search), the default functionality is limited in variety (what if you want a Twitter feed?) and customization (and what if you only want the Twitter feed on the homepage?)
Sidebar customization can be of great value to your readers and customers:
- Allows you to show relevant, contextual information depending on the page being viewed.
- Conversely, minimize sidebar clutter on pages where you want as little distraction as possible.
- Enhance and make your sidebar content more useful with extra widgets.
And of course, Jetpack allows you do to all this with minimum effort and no coding effort.
- Control widget visibility by page type, category, tag, date, or author.
- Hide widgets based on the current page
- Display widgets for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Gravatar, Goodreads as well as Follow and Like buttons.
- Add rich content like galleries, top posts and pages, RSS links, and more.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of content creation tools for WordPress sites including content delivery, image tools, sidebar customization, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
How much does WordPress sidebar customization feature cost?
Sidebar customization is provided for free to all WordPress sites running Jetpack.
How do I turn it on?
Simply install Jetpack and enable it with one click from your Jetpack dashboard. For advanced settings and trouble-shooting read our detailed support document.
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack is designed to keep your site protected and blazing fast.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack, install it now so you can begin taking advantage of free features like our CDN, downtime monitoring, and brute force attack protection. Installation is totally free and just takes a few minutes.Install Jetpack
Still undecided about upgrading?
Visit our pricing page and check out how we can secure your site or help you better reach your audience. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, we offer full refunds within 14 days for yearly plans, and within 7 days for monthly plans.Compare Plans