Looking for more information about Jetpack VideoPress included with the Jetpack plugin? See our article about Jetpack VideoPress.
Jetpack VideoPress is a new plugin that allows you to upload videos from your computer to be hosted on WordPress.com rather than your host’s servers. This allows your videos to be loaded more quickly on your website through the new Jetpack VideoPress Dashboard. Jetpack VideoPress requires a paid Jetpack VideoPress plan. You can learn more about our plans on our pricing page.
What do I need to run the Jetpack VideoPress Plugin on my site?
- A web host that meets the WordPress host requirements.
- The latest version of WordPress. If your version of WordPress is out of date, you’ll see a prompt to automatically upgrade with a single click, or can upgrade manually.
- A WordPress.com account. Don’t have one yet? Sign up for one here, or create one during the Jetpack connection flow. You only need one WordPress.com account to access all our services (including Akismet, Crowdsignal, Gravatar, and WordPress.com itself). If you use any of these services, you already have a WordPress.com account to connect to Jetpack. You can reset your WordPress.com password if you need to.
- A publicly accessible WordPress site: no password protection or Coming Soon / Maintenance Mode plugin in use.
- A publicly accessible XML-RPC file.
Installing Jetpack VideoPress
Installing Jetpack VideoPress can be done from your site’s WP Admin. To install Jetpack VideoPress via the WP Admin:
- Go to Plugins → Add New
- Search for Jetpack VideoPress. The latest version will show in the search results.
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate
- After Activating you’ll see the VideoPress dashboard where you can select the plan that’s right for you.
- Free: Allows a single video upload.
- Paid Plan: Includes 1TB of storage, an ad-free and brand-able player, and unlimited users.
- Choose your plan and complete the purchase process.
Uploading Your First Video
You can upload your videos into Jetpack VideoPress in a few different ways:
- Upload via the VideoPress Dashboard
- Upload via WordPress.com
- Upload via VideoPress Block
- Upload via WP Admin Media Library
We generally recommend uploading via the VideoPress Dashboard or WordPress.com. This should ensure that no hosting upload limits or site upload limits come into play while uploading your videos.
See our support guide on Uploading Your Videos to Jetpack VideoPress via the Jetpack VideoPress Plugin for more information.
Viewing Your Uploaded Videos
You can access and manage your videos through the VideoPress dashboard at any time by going to WP Admin → Jetpack → VideoPress. See our support guide on The Jetpack VideoPress Dashboard for more information.