Jetpack VideoPress allows you to upload videos from your computer to be hosted on WordPress.com rather than your host’s servers. This allows your videos to be loaded more quickly on your website. Jetpack VideoPress requires a paid Jetpack VideoPress plan. You can learn more about our plans on our pricing page.
Looking for more information about Jetpack VideoPress add-on plugin? See our article about Getting Started with Jetpack VideoPress via the Jetpack VideoPress Plugin.
What do I need to use Jetpack VideoPress on my site?
- A web host that meets the WordPress host requirements.
- The latest version of WordPress. If your version of WordPress is out of date, you’ll see a prompt to automatically upgrade with a single click, or can upgrade manually.
- A WordPress.com account. Don’t have one yet? Sign up for one here, or create one during the Jetpack connection flow. You only need one WordPress.com account to access all our services (including Akismet, Crowdsignal, Gravatar, and WordPress.com itself). If you use any of these services, you already have a WordPress.com account to connect to Jetpack. You can reset your WordPress.com password if you need to.
- A publicly accessible WordPress site: no password protection or Coming Soon / Maintenance Mode plugin in use.
- A working Jetpack connection.
- A publicly accessible XML-RPC file.
Adding Jetpack VideoPress to your Jetpack plugin
- Go to WP Admin -> Jetpack -> My Jetpack
- Find VideoPress and click Add VideoPress
- Click on Add Jetpack VideoPress on the following page.
- You’ll be brought back to your My Jetpack page once installed. Click Manage.
Within your WP Admin -> Jetpack menu you’ll now see that you have a VideoPress tab. Here, you’ll be able to add your first video. You will also see an option to upgrade your VideoPress to our paid VideoPress plan:
Jetpack VideoPress allows you to start for free. You are able to add 1 video to VideoPress with up to 1GB of storage space available compared to our paid tier which allows 1TB of storage. You can view all features of Jetpack VideoPress here.
Still need help?
Please contact support directly. We’re happy to lend a hand and answer any other questions that you may have.