After activating and installing Jetpack, you’ll need to connect it to WordPress.com. A WordPress.com account is required so that Jetpack can provide your site with stats and analytics about your traffic, site security, faster content delivery, sharing tools and multiple site management from one interface.
You only need one account to access all our services (including VaultPress, Akismet, Polldaddy, Gravatar, and WordPress.com itself) so if you already use any of these services you already have a WordPress.com account which you can use for Jetpack.
Where can I find my WordPress.com account information?
- If you think you have an account with us but you can’t remember the details, try to reset your password.
- If you don’t yet an account, no worries! You can create an account for free in a few minutes.
Why should I connect Jetpack?
Jetpack provides a number of essential services for your WordPress site. The most popular are:
- Stats and analytics about your traffic;
- Site security (protection from brute force login attacks and uptime monitoring);
- A free Content Delivery Network (CDN) that automatically speeds up all your images and photos; and
- Tools like Related Posts, Publicize, and Sharing buttons that help to increase traffic to your site.
You’ll also gain access to the WordPress.com dashboard – a central place to manage all of your Jetpack-connected WordPress sites whenever you want to, on any device. This includes:
- Automatic updates and bulk plugin management;
- Access to an improved and faster editor;
- Centrally-managed stats, menus, and other site options;
- Access to your site on the official WordPress mobile and desktop apps.
Does it cost anything?
A WordPress.com account is free and so is Jetpack. We offer paid upgrades for off-site backups, spam filtering, and security scanning but these are completely optional. You can read more details about the features available in all of our plans or check out our fascinating terms of service to learn more.
Having issues connecting?
If you’re still having trouble, please contact support directly We’re happy to answer any questions and we can even help you get you set up.