After you activate and connect Jetpack, our most useful features are enabled by default:
- Beautiful Math — Use the LaTeX markup language for writing complex mathematical equations, formulas, and more.
- Contact Form — Offer your readers the ability to get in touch, without giving out your personal email address.
- Custom CSS — Customize the appearance of your theme without creating a child theme or worrying about updates overwriting your customizations.
- Custom Content Types — Adds custom post types (CPTs) to your site.
- Enhanced Distribution — Allows your content to be included in the WordPress.com “firehose” of public blog content.
- Extra Sidebar Widgets — Extra widgets you can add to your blog, including RSS Links, Twitter Timelines, and Facebook Like Boxes.
- Gravatar Hovercards — Make your Gravatar profile visible to those viewing your blog.
- JSON API — Authorizes applications and services to securely connect to your blog, and allows them to use your content or offer you new functionality.
- Notifications — Receive notifications for new comments and Likes in your admin bar and on your mobile device.
- Plugin Updates — Allows you to choose which plugins update automatically.
- Post by Email — Publish posts using any email client.
- Proofreading — Check your spelling, grammar, and written style prior to publishing.
- Protect — Protect your site from traditional and distributed brute force attacks.
- Publicize — Share new posts on social media networks automatically, or schedule future shares with custom messages.
- Sharing — Adds sharing buttons to your blog posts so readers can easily share your content.
- Shortcode Embeds — Embed videos from YouTube, tweets from Twitter, and other media across the web.
- Site Stats — View site visits by date, as well as most popular Pages and Posts.
- Site Verification — Verify your site for use with Google, Bing, and Pinterest and their tools.
- Sitemaps — Generate a list of pages to be indexed by search engines like Google or Bing.
- Subscriptions — Allow visitors to receive notifications of your latest posts or comments.
- WP.me Shortlinks — Generate short and simple links to your content using the wp.me domain.
- Widget Visibility — Configure widgets to appear only on specific pages.
This isn’t all Jetpack offers, we offer much more, but these are just the features which are activated automatically when you install and connect Jetpack.
You can control which features Jetpack activates by default using the jetpack_get_default_modules filter.