After you activate and connect Jetpack, our most useful features are enabled by default:
- Contact Form — Offer your readers the ability to get in touch, without giving out your personal email address.
- Enhanced Distribution — Allows your content to be included in the WordPress.com “firehose” of public blog content.
- JSON API — Authorizes applications and services to securely connect to your blog, and allows them to use your content or offer you new functionality.
- Notifications — Receive notifications for new comments and Likes in your admin bar and on your mobile device.
- Plugin Updates — Allows you to choose which plugins update automatically.
- Protect — Protect your site from traditional and distributed brute force attacks.
- Site Stats — View site visits by date, as well as most popular Pages and Posts.
- Site Verification — Allows you to verify services provided by Bing, Facebook, Google, Pinterest, and Yandex.
This isn’t all Jetpack offers, we offer much more, but these are just the features which are activated automatically when you install and connect Jetpack.
You can control which features Jetpack activates by default using the jetpack_get_default_modules filter.