After you activate and connect Jetpack, our most useful features are enabled by default:
- Contact Form — Offer your readers the ability to contact you without giving them a personal email address.
- Enhanced Distribution — Allows your content to be included in the WordPress.com “firehose” of public blog content.
- Brute Force Attack Protection — Protects your site from unwanted login attempts.
- JSON API — Authorizes applications and services to securely connect to your blog and allows them to use your content or offer you new functionality.
- Notifications — Receive notifications for new comments and Likes in your admin bar and mobile device.
- Plugin Updates — This allows you to choose which plugins update automatically.
- Site Stats — View site visits by date and most popular Pages and Posts.
- Site Verification — It allows you to verify Bing, Facebook, Google, Pinterest, and Yandex services.
- Blaze — It allows you to advertise your content (a post, a page, or a product) on WordPress.com and Tumblr.
This isn’t all Jetpack offers, we offer much more, but these are just the features activated automatically when you install and connect Jetpack.
You can control which features Jetpack activates by default using the jetpack_get_default_modules filter.